NESSI Members' Day and Inco Day
NESSI invites you to participate in the 2014 NESSI Members Day in conjunction with NESSI International Cooperation Day which will take place on 20-21 November at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (Bellaterra, Barcelona)
NESSI has invited all its members, members of three other Technology Platforms: NEM (New European Media), NetWorld2020 (ETP for communications networks and services) and PLANETIC (Spanish ICT-based Technology Platform), and organizations and researchers from countries that participate in on-going FP7 funded projects in ICT INCO (International Cooperation): MOSAIC and MED-Dialogue (Mediterranean countries), CONECTA 2020 (Latin American countries), EAST-HORIZON and EECA-2-HORIZON (Eastern Europe and Central Asia) and CONNECT2SEA (South East Asia).
of this event is to set-up a Proposal development and consortium formation workshop in view of the H2020 calls closing in April 2015 with the aim of enhancing the collaboration between NESSI members, other ETP members and organisations from International Co-operation partner countries. The event is aiming at an open dialogue to discuss and elaborate proposal ideas and start building proposals under the ICT topics identified. The event is expected to reinforce industrial cooperation and ICT research, development and innovation through a better networking between European ICT Technology Platforms and International Co-operation partner countries.
The scheme adopted is as follows:
BEFORE THE EVENT:
Send your H2020 project ideas to the NESSI Organizing Committee until 15 November. Please use the template provided on the second page of the agenda.
The NESSI Organizing Committee will publish the list of project ideas on the NESSI web site before the event takes place so that each entity can make a first selection of the projects of interest.
DURING THE EVENT:
- A presentation of H2020 topics will be provided.
- It will be followed by a presentation of NESSI and other Technology Platforms (NEM, NetWorld2020 and PLANETIC) in order to present the objectives and achievements of each Technology Platform and their interest in the upcoming H2020 calls.
- A brief presentation of the project ideas will be provided by the promoters of the project (3 minutes each).
- Then small groups / consortia will be set-up to collaborate on the elaboration of each project idea.
- At the end of the each day, a wrap-up will be presented to the attendants with the status of the proposal.
- At the end of the event it is expected that each consortium will have established all the necessary steps to carry on the proposal writing till the closure deadlines: planning, responsibilities of Work Packages, etc.
The members of Technology Platforms (NESSI, NEM, Networld2020 and PLANETIC) and members of INCO projects are invited to send project ideas and to participate in the set-up of project proposals.
More information about the event and the possibility to register will soon be available through the NESSI web page.
Please follow NESSI’s relevant news on twitter (@ NESSI_ETP) or check out the website for the latest updates.
Note: During the same week, the Smart City Expo World Congress will be held in Barcelona from 18 to 20 November.
Location: Barcelona, Universidad Autónoma