CONNECT2SEA Final Conference "Towards new avenues in EU-ASEAN ICT collaboration". Highlights and presentations.
The CONNECT2SEA conference during the ASEAN-EU Science and Technology Innovation days on May 11, 2016 was formally opened by H.E. Mr Francisco Fontan Pardo, the Ambassador of EU to the ASEAN. His speech was followed by the European Union ICT policy presentation of Jean-Yves Roger, International Relations Officer of DG CONNECT of the European Commission and the opening programme was concluded with the presentation on the ASEAN Plan of Action on Science, Technology and Innovation (APASTI) by Dr. Alexander A. Lim, Head of S&T Division, ASEAN Secretariat.
Part of the event included sharing of experiences in ICT research and innovation collaboration and suggestions for the future activities. Notable discussions included funding opportunities for EU and SEA ICT-related research and innovation organisations, good practice and success stories in ICT collaboration, experience extracted from the CONNECT2SEA Communities of Practice on Cybersecurity and Big Data, and ICT clusters and policy issues. Proposals for ASEAN and EU-ASEAN joint projects and recommendations were made and discussed with the audience.
Several speakers and panelists took part in this event, which was divided into three sessions. Please find below their presentations and participations:
- 10 - Policy Contributions - Dr Pensri Guntasopatr (522.3 KiB)
- 11 - CyberSecurity Initiatives - Dr Zahri Yunos (4.8 MiB)
- 12 - Panel discussion - Prof Sebastian Engell (1.8 MiB)
- 13 - Panel discussion - Hammam Riza (1.9 MiB)
- 14 - Fraunhofer IFF ASEAN Office - Mr Ralpf Opierzynski (748.5 KiB)
- 15 - Cooperative ICT Projects with Myanmar - Dr Mie Mie Thet Thwin (1.2 MiB)
- 16 - eREADI presentation - Jean-Yves Roger (401.3 KiB)